9 Things I Learned From Inbound Marketing Services
I just started here at OverGo Studio in Decemeber and have been in the process of learning about inbound marketing. I have enjoyed learning the ins and outs of what inbound marketing is all about. I thought it would be beneficial to share the 9 things that stand out to me as the most important inbound marketing services.
1. Blog, Blog, Blog: This one stands out to me the most mainly because it’s what I have done the most here at the company. Prior to working at OverGo I thought blogging was for those stay-at-home moms trying to get their DIY projects out to other moms. Now I know that blogging is essential for business and for mainly one reason, Google. If you post blogs every Tuesday and Thursday at 10 AM, then Google search engine will recognize that, and look for your blogs every Tuesday and Thursday at 10 AM. Because of this, blogging regularly gives your business a great opportunity to be found organically.
2. Post Attractive Content:
Some businesses believe that posting any kind of content to their website is beneficial. That may be true if you’re just trying to generate content, not traffic, leads, conversions, or sales. What you want to be posting are things that your target audience wants to read. Relevant blog posts, articles, webinars, etc. We wouldn’t post ’10 Things I Learned About Dell Computers’ because our target audience doesn’t care what an inbound marketer knows about Dell.
3. Create Offers:
This one goes along with posting attractive content but is important to look at by itself. Creating blog posts and interesting content is very important, but creating offers is what can bring your company leads. It’s great if you can get someone to your website to read your blog, but if you don’t post an offer at the bottom of the blog then this reader can leave without getting any of their information.
4. Do Your Homework: Keyword research should be an ongoing process for your business. You should be generating appropriate keywords for your business, but don’t leave them alone. Keeping up with your keyword research will allow you to know what resonates with your customers. We are rewarded with such immediate feedback that you can assess which keywords work and which ones don’t, then focus on the ones that do.
5. Be Present in Social Media:
There is a lot of hype that goes along with social media. What is important to focus on with social media is that it works, as long as you keep up with it and have a constant presence. You should be on various different social media networks and test out what kind of things work for your specific business. If someone tells you that you should focus on Facebook because that’s what worked for them, ignore them. Find out what works for your business and roll with it.
6. Search Engine Optimization:
This is focused on generating traffic from the free and organic listings on search engines. Getting your website found organically is as important as putting your telephone number and address in the yellow pages used to be. Because of the amount of use search engines get, not many businesses could survive without getting their website found on search engines.
7. Nurture Your Leads: Deepening your relationship with prospects over time is vital. It allows you to know more about what your prospects need and what their goals are. You can send them content you think that they may need in order to reach those goals. This will ensure that your product or service is on the top of their mind when they decide they need it.
8. Share Customer Feedback:
The best way to tell potential customers how beneficial you can be to their business is to show them. Write up some case studies on the most successful businesses that you have worked with. I suggest focusing on one B2C company and one B2B company at first if you work with both. This allows you to show potential customers that your products or services make a difference.
9. Inbound Marketing is a Process not a Project:
Tracking and analyzing what you do with inbound marketing is important. Publishing content and letting it sit won’t help your business. You need to assess what is working and if it’s not you need to alter it and make it better. Not everything you do with inbound marketing is set in stone and not everything is going to work.
These are some vital aspects of inbound marketing that I have noticed in my short period of time working in the industry. All of these aspects lead in to the fact that inbound marketing services are effective and beneficial. I get to go to work and see these things, among many more, work almost immediately and produce great results.