Let's dig into a comparison of HubSpot vs. Mailchimp in more detail below.
What is HubSpot, and What is Mailchimp?
To begin, we need to understand what each platform is:
- HubSpot is an all-in-one platform that combines marketing automation, email, contact management, a CRM system, as well as other tools to help you streamline your sales and marketing efforts.
- Mailchimp is basically an email marketing and automation service. Although it does allow for a number of integrations that expand the system's capabilities.
Now, let's compare the two platforms in terms of several key marketing areas.
Email marketing is a cost-effective, efficient way to engage with your consumer base as well as generate leads. Of course, it's important that your email marketing platform is both powerful and scalable as your business grows.
Mailchimp features an email marketing tool with a user-friendly "drag and drop" editor. Other tools include:
- Customizable email templates
- A/B testing capabilities
- Dynamic send times
- Comparative reports
HubSpot's email marketing system includes everything Mailchimp has. In addition, HubSpot's tool can be combined with its CRM system and marketing automation platform. As a result, you're able to develop highly personalized messaging that can engage with customers based on context and previous experience with your brand.
Contact management is a key part of growing your business. Obviously, you want to make sure that your contact database is up-to-date. And that you have insight into past customer interactions as well as your typical buyer's journey. How do the two platforms stack up in this regard?
Mailchimp's marketing system comes with these features:
- Basic list management
- Segments and tags for managing customer outreach
- Free users can create a segment with up to 5 conditions each
- Premium users can create segments with unlimited conditions
HubSpot's contact management system empowers you to have detailed control over your database. It includes the following features:
- List management
- A timeline of all customer interactions with your company (phone calls, web visits, support tickets, etc.)
- Unlimited custom properties to segment your contact list
- The ability to update contacts in bulk
As your company grows, finding the time to complete routine marketing tasks manually will become more and more difficult. This is where marketing automation comes into the picture. It allows you to focus your time and energy on vital business activities. This is without letting important but time-consuming tasks fall by the wayside.
Mailchimp's marketing automation system allows you to:
- Send out emails based on trigger events (e.g., a specific date, or an action taken by the customer)
In contrast, HubSpot's automation functionalities go far beyond email alone. Apart from triggering emails based on specific dates, times, or actions, HubSpot's system also allows you to:
- Rotate leads among your sales reps
- Manage your contact database
- Add a conditional logic statement to your automation (such as "if... then")
Social Media Marketing
Nowadays, it's important for businesses to maintain a robust social media presence — both for marketing purposes and for their own credibility. How do the two platforms compare in terms of social media marketing and ads?
Mailchimp's social tool offers the following features:
- Organic posting to Facebook and Instagram
- Facebook ad management
- Google display ad management
- Ad spend reporting
HubSpot's system offers you the opportunity to focus your efforts on your audience in a more targeted manner. Some functionalities of HubSpot's social tool include:
- Integration with all the major social media platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, as well as Twitter
- Robust post scheduling across each network
- Advanced reporting and tracking
- Centralized management of Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, as well as Google ad campaigns
- Granular targeting (you can target a specific grouping of pages to reach your desired demographic)
- Detailed revenue reporting
Landing Pages and Forms
You need effective landing pages and forms in order to optimize your conversion rate. They are also vital in terms of measuring your campaign's performance.
Mailchimp allows its users to develop landing pages as well as forms quickly and easily. The system features a "drag and drop" interface that makes landing page design a breeze. In addition, forms on Mailchimp are automatically linked with your contact list, which helps to streamline the follow-up process.
HubSpot also boasts a robust system for developing successful landing pages and forms. However, HubSpot's solution offers functionalities that Mailchimp does not. For example:
- HubSpot's tracking code can automatically import data into HubSpot's platform from any form tool you like
- The platform allows for "progressive profiling" if you're not necessarily aiming to convert a new lead with each form submission (e.g., your website visitors will see something different if they're already in your database)
In general, HubSpot offers a wider, more robust array of features than Mailchimp does. In addition to the areas discussed above, other aspects in which this principle holds true include:
- Language support. HubSpot's platform is designed with the understanding that we live in an increasingly "globalized" world. Mailchimp's product is only available in English. However, HubSpot offers its product in a variety of languages besides English. This includes Spanish, French, Portuguese, German, Japanese, as well as Dutch.
- Platform integration. When it comes to digital marketing, HubSpot truly is a "one-stop-shop" in so many ways. Besides its email and marketing automation solution, HubSpot also features live chat, a robust content management system, SEO tools, as well as several other advanced functions that fit neatly into its overall "ecosystem." The end result is a seamless, centralized experience — both for you and your customers.
- System support. HubSpot's support team is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. In addition, HubSpot offers an extensive set of online resources that you can consult when facing a quandary, including its powerful Knowledge Base.
At the end of the day, it's no surprise that hundreds of thousands of businesses across the globe view HubSpot as a trusted marketing platform, and leverage its integrated solution into sustainable growth. If you'd like to learn more about how HubSpot can benefit your business, reach out to our team of marketing experts at OverGo Studio today for a free consultation. We'd be happy to help you on this journey!
Take advantage of our free Hubspot CRM Configuration to start modernizing your sales process. This is a limited-time offer where we will design a sales pipeline specifically for your business. Start generating more revenue and improve your close rates by building your first high-performing sales pipeline on HubSpot at no cost. Simply schedule a discovery session with our team of HubSpot experts.